We met our friends from the Dimmi and discussed some of the issues with the aggregator model as opposed to those who want to tell the story of their own Restaurant.
Many Restaurants are taking control of their marketing and their story and using the Free Online Restaurant Booking System and the Free Restaurant OnLine Ordering system.
We talk about our plans to help a Restaurant that is kicking in $10,000 a month to keep their Restaurant going and how we are going to help them.
Congratulations to 11 Madison Park, the World's Best Restaurant for 2017.
We discuss why you may not want to be in the World's 50 Best, but you may want to be the best parent to your kids, and how your Restaurant needs to support that.
- Hard work - it is important to be doing the right work. Too many people work too hard at the wrong type of work.
- Team work - building a great team and getting them working to help you is really important.
- Purpose - your purpose, that is what gives you passion, you need to maintain your passion for a long time, that purpose does it.
- Leadership - Getting the team to work towards your purpose.
- Technical excellence - FOH, BOH - you need to be working towards excellence in all of the parts of your Restaurant.
- Always learning - Ana Ros is self taught. She didn't plan to be a chef and has taught herself the skills to be the best Female chef. That is an amazing story and should be inspiring to all restaurant owners.
- Persistence - Massimo Bottura's Osteria Francescana took a long time before it became popular. You need to persist, knowing that you are on the right path.
- Innovation - We look at the role of innovation and the importance of failing and the easiest way that you can experiment with innovation and creativity.
Have a listen to Chef's Table on Netflix, a great series telling amazing stories of these amazing Chefs.