We talk about Pokemon Go and why it is a signpost to one of the fundamental changes that is occurring for small businesses and Restaurants in particular. Some Restaurants are crushing this change and others are ignoring it at their peril.
Chicken Vindaloo Dim sims. Just saying.....
We look at some great tips to help you increase personal productivity and the way that you work so that you
Look at the activities that you are spending time on, delegate, create procedures, hiring, multitasking the right way, automating systems, look after yourself with sleep and exercise, and last but not least - marketing :).
Check out Confluence for a way to store your policies and procedures.
Check out Eric Cacciatore's Restaurant Unstoppable podcast.
Xero - cloud based accounting system that can cut the time you spend on accounting.
Too many Restaurant owners work too many hours for too little reward - starting to work on your business is the start of making the change to the type of Hospitality business that you want to run, so you should find some ideas to be able to get that 1 hour. You will find that 1 hour on the business will return to you many hours of time saved down the track and you can use that extra time to continue to work on the business and then you are on the track to build the great profitable hospitality business. :)
Have a busy day!
Profitable Hospitality is the goal of all Restaurant owners, but it can be very hard to achieve. We look at 7 areas that Restaurant, Cafe and Take Out owners can impact profitability and we look at ways that you can improve profitability in each of the areas.
1. Your business plan and the sample P+L. What are the KPIs that you need to be looking at to achieve profitability.
2. Your Marketing Plan.
3. Hiring and training. How much money are you wasting on bad hiring practices and how many great employees leave your Restaurant because it isn't a great place to work. We will cover one great tip we have used to find the great employees, which is very cheap to use! We talk about how Nick Sarillo builds a great Restaurant culture.
4. Wage costs. How do you look at your wage costs?
5. Rent. We cover an interesting way to look at your rent and 1 way that may help you save a little rent per month.
6. Managing your food and bev costs. What is the number 1 way to decrease your food costs without decreasing the quality of your food? Why not use some of the food costing tools from Sysco?
7. Menu Engineering. What is the process for Menu Engineering and how should you do that? What is the number one most profitable phrase in Restaurant Marketing and are you using it?
8. What is the 8th item of our list of the Top 7 things to do to increase your Restaurant Profitability? You'll have to listen to the podcast to find out :)
We look at Big Huey's Diner, their awesome menu and some of the great things that they are doing to increase profitability in their restaurant.
We look at USPs - Unique Selling Propositions.
Does your Restaurant need a Unique Selling Proposition, because not every restaurant really needs one.
What should a Unique Selling Proposition do for your Restaurant?
What is the process to create a Unique Selling Proposition?
Qualtiy price, product
We go through some sample USPs and how they work.
Mentioned in this podcast: